Saturday, July 16, 2011

Do You Believe That Dreams Can Give Us a Message?


I strongly believe that sometimes dreams do foretell something to come. Having had these experiences more than once – it’s hard not to believe. I remember knowing about my son in a dream. The latest episode was on Monday, July 10, 2011 when I woke up from a dream where I was quarrelling with my brother Henry. He wanted me to write a eulogy for my dad and I was insisting on a remembrance. As is the norm, whenever someone crosses my mind, or I have certain types of dreams I tend to pray for the parties I thought of or dreamed about.

On Thursday morning of the same week, I again awoke from my dream with my brother agreeing to a remembrance. He wanted to know if I wanted both of us to do a part. I remember telling him that I thought I would be strong enough to do it. Again I prayed for my loved ones.

Interestingly, on the same day at approximately 10:55 a.m. another brother called and asked if I heard that dad was in the hospital. No, I hadn’t heard and asked for details. He had gotten pinned between a bus and a car. After crying and praying and calling each other (he has nine children) we waited for word following the medical examinations. 

Thankfully there were no broken bones or internal bleeding. He’s in a lot of pain and has some difficulty moving around but should recover fully.  We are still amazed that he’s OK for the most part and very happy.
So do you believe that dreams are sometimes messages from a source we are yet to discover? One thing is certain, there is so much about this world in which we live that is still a mystery.



Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Roy A. Ackerman, PhD, EA said...

Interesting post. Thanks for sharing.
A slightly different take (and a sidebar about dream interpretations) was published this week in the WSJ.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303678704576439831114438292.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home