Sunday, January 07, 2024

Season of RENEWAL

 

Sometimes it is necessary to go through a period of renewal. It is by renewing our vows to God, ourselves, and our spouses that we can reset and gain balance. If the world vow seems too strong for you, say ‘promise’ but I will stick to vow as it is more powerful and meaningful to me.

Some value of renewal is to help in reducing stress and shedding some of the things that weight you down. I like to periodically take time to reset to stabilize my emotions and to prevent being overwhelmed by life stresses, and to be honest, the vert act of living.

Periods of renewal help me to rediscover or come back to me! One big question I have asked myself in the last months of 2023 when I felt loss and losing myself, was, “Whose blueprint was I living my life by?” I realized that even I am decades away from my childhood days, I was still largely living the life set by my parents and their expectations. I didn’t want to let them down and I figured that this was the life I wanted.

I am rediscovering and building my own blueprint NOW! Not what I think my husband wants me to be, not what I think my son expects of his mother, etc., but what I want the rest of my life to look and feel like. I realize that I want a nice, very nice house that is a comfy welcoming HOME. I no longer desire a mansion.  I often beat myself up that I didn’t have large two- or three-story house – why? Because it suited what I believed I was expected to have at this stage of my life.

My Blueprint

So, my blueprint, which may change somewhat in another year or so, includes more studying and learning new things. I love school and learning, and I am going all out – I don’t care that some people may think why bother at your age. I am bothering to keep studying because this is what I want! Does it matter if I end up being the oldest person in my law class or drawing class? I don’t care – I will be the oldest and happy doing what I want to do.  You see, renewal for me sometimes leads to learning new skills or new / different ways of doing some things. I am that nerd who LOVES LEARNING! The quote below from Robin Sharma sums this up perfectly. 


 

Some ways that I go through the process of renewal are to take time away from social media, technology, work and yes, even from the people I love. Some time with myself, my God and nature does wonders for me.

I urge you to take that journey of renewal and self-discovery. We don’t have an eternity to discover what makes us truly be who we were meant to be. Start today and don’t even thing about your age or status – this is exactly where you were meant to be!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home