Sunday, December 12, 2004

Being a Woman can be Tiring

I always thought that most women were superwomen, especially poor Third World women, who have very little in the way of modern conveniences . We juggle so many things, but now that I am a mother I know that women are special beings. It is hard work taking care of a family, (washing, cooking, doing laundry...), taking care of a baby, working out, writing and working from home, and the list goes on. How do we do it? Better yet, how did women did it all in the past? At least I have a washing machine and a very supportive husband, and yet I am existing on very little sleep. I can not get much done. Yet, my mom for instance did all her housework and took care of nine children. Overall, I'm plain TIRED!!!

Now don't get me wrong...I love my life, but why is it that most, if not all women see parenting through rose tinted glasses. You are full of emotions - love, terror and for some of us a bit of resentment. These little people really do change everything.




1 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger bob_vinyl said...

I completely agree with you about how special women are. Just how special they are became more apparent than ever when my wife gave birth to our daughter. The courage that she showed from the moment she said, "Let's have a baby," right up to the present courage she shows everyday in caring for our daughter is crystalized for me in that moment. I don't think I'm capable of the same strength. Some might look down at a women who stays home with her child, but my wife does the most important job of anyone I know. Compared to her, my job is silly. Now that I have a daughter, it gives me yet another angle on women. I want to do everything I can to free her from the societal restrictions placed on women. I want her to know that she can do anything, be anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home