Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The “deny” and then “confirm” mentality of celebrities

One of my favourite Hollywood celebrities, Halle Berry, has joined the list of celebrities who first denied and then confirm a reported event. This lack of honesty, whether it’s called PR or whatever other term we use to “pretty it up” is lying. With so many taking them as role models, celebrities should at least try to be honest.

Being a first time mother later in life, I was thrilled for her. However I had to contain my enthusiasm and joy when her people said, “not true” to reports she was expecting. I was disappointed and thought of the pin she must be feeling because of her desire to be a mom.

Congrats, Halle, I wish for you a great pregnancy and may motherhood be for you the great joy and blessing I have found it to be. I know that you and your boyfriend must be on cloud nine.

What this situation has shown me is that take whatever celebrities, even those you admire, with a grain of salt. One word of advice, if something is true and you do not want to confirm what is being reported….DON’T SAY ANYTHING. That is better than lying to your fans especially, and to everyone else as well.